Many days before we arrived I could see, through the internet, that our room had been upgraded from a standard room to an executive. Although I am a Platinum member of the ICH brand, I never even hope for an upgrade at Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza, so this was a pleasant surprise.
The surprise was even bigger when the friendly woman at the front-desk told us that the mini-bar was free at the exectuive room AND when we entered the room and we realized we had a huge balcony (at least compared to some very tiney once we have had at other hotels, I think this must have been at least 2*10 meter), at the top-floor! The room was double the size of the standard-rooms (I had a sneak-peak into one when I walked past and the door was open) and had a jetted bath-tub.
We didn’t have breakfast included in the rate, so I never saw the breakfast. There are plenty of bakeries, cafes, restaurants and even a grocery-store close to the hotel, so there is no need to book a rate with breakfast!
The good things:
- An excellent upgrade
- Friendly front-desk staff
- Very good location, close to several metro-stations
- Lots of pubs, bars, shops etc… in the area
- Lively area
- Free WiFi for members in their loyalty program
The not so good things:
- A strange noise coming on/off all day. It’s not very loud, but if you have heard it once, you will not forget it
- Houskeeping do everything in steps, so if you use the room at day-time you will have 3 visits: First when they clean the room. Second when they deliver clean towels and third when they replenish the toiletries and the mini-bar
- The water-pressure in the shower was very weak
- The WiFi denies you access to some pages, for instance, my blogs
How to get to the hotel from Charles De Gaule airport:
The easiest would be to take a taxi, however that would also be the most expensive (around 40-60 Eur. I think). Instead you can take the train to either Gare de l’Est or Denfert Rochereau and change to metro number 4. to Montparnasse Bienvenue. The hotel is located 10-15 min. from the metrostation.
If I would go back?
Yes, this is a decent hotel in a great area. Not exactly in the middle of the touristic area, but not in the middle of nowhere either.